We would really appreciate your support to help Naomi and her friends at Dustbin Estate, who have had their lives turned upside down by a fire that broke out last weekend and destroyed their homes.
We were very sad to receive a call from a family we support at Ajegunle, on Sunday, 19th April, about a fire outbreak that destroyed their home and community. Naomi and her mother lived in the notorious Dustbin Estate slum until a candle set fire to one of the shanties in their neighbourhood, and the fire hit second gear when it came in contact with a gas cylinder. They were lucky to escape with their lives, but their home and possessions were burned to the ground!
They were among 100 families affected; 101 men, 95 women and 265 children, according to reports from a local NGO, LOTS Charity Foundation. The organisation, which is based at Ajegunle, recently constructed a public toilet for the residents of the ‘estate’ or slum. However, this was among the things destroyed by the fire.
This is particularly devastating, in light of the current state of…
View original post 144 more words