Are you in the mood for some good Bible jokes? Being sacred and all, we must tread carefully…but there’s a lot of humour to be gleaned from even the most serious things in the world. Here are a few choice Christian jokes I stumbled upon recently. I thought they would make for a good dose of #dailymedicine. If you know more, do share in the comments section!
Have you read the top ten Sayings of Bible Mothers?
10. Samson! Get your hand out of that lion. You don’t know where it’s been! (Judges 14:5-8)
9. David! I told you not to play in the house with that sling! Go practice your harp. We pay good money for those lessons!
8. Abraham! Stop wandering around the countryside and get home for supper!
7. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego! I told you never to play with fire!
6. Cain! Get off your brother! You’re going to kill him some day!
5. Noah! No, you can’t keep them! I told you, don’t bring home any more strays!
4. Gideon! Have you been hiding in that wine press again? Look at your clothes! (Judges 6:11)
3. James and John! No more burping contests at the dinner table, please. People are going to call you the sons of thunder! (Mark 3:17)
2. Judas! Have you been in my purse again?!
And the number one biblical saying of mothers is:
1. Jesus! Stop working on that old wood and come in and eat! You’d spend your life on that wood, if your father asked ya to!*
* Please note that the word “spend” isn’t used in the sense of time, but in the sense of “giving his all” “being poured out”.
Hey, I wonder why the women didn’t make the cut?! I’ll try to think of my own mother’s saying for Ruth, Esther, Mary and the others. In case that didn’t do it for you, get a load of these comics I found on Google images!
Photo credit: http://www.atheistrev.com, http://www.julettemillien.com
Categories: Daily Medicine
Tell me what you think...