Uh, hold up. Stop for a minute. Whaaaaat?
“Yep! If you really think I’m in danger of burning eternally, why aren’t you trying harder to convince me?” said the Atheist. “There should be a line across the street from my house!”
I found it very weird, when I came across this (paraphrased) question by an Atheist on his blog. I could think of quite a few reasons why more people were not trying to break down his door to save him from eternal damnation.
- I’m quite sure a few good messengers had already been sent to him, who he disregarded and probably chewed up and spat out;
- There are many more people like him in desperate need of salvation, and if you had a choice between going to get chewed up, or going where you are more likely to get received, many would prefer to go where the grass is greener (so to speak);
- It could be that those around him need salvation themselves, but they think they are all quite alright;
- Or maybe those Christians around him really do not care enough to evangelise;
- Also, I do believe that at some point, God stops sending people to you…